Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Packing for a preemie..

Our trip home is rapidly approaching.. and I am the biggest procrastinator in the world. I'm not kidding. Since having Emery i have gotten a bit better, I am just more planned out now, My calender is filled up with appointments, calls..just about everything. I now make lists for big trips, because if i dont i will forget something, Hell even with a list i forget stuff ..
I sat down to make Our list starting with my list first.. Pretty basic clothes, shoes, make up, hair stuff.. THE END.. I make Emerys.. Cloth diapers, shoes, monitors, teething tablets, tylenol, blankets, hoodies, womb bear, sling.. the list pretty much grows.. And dont get me started on whats going into the diaper bag.. well ill give you a hint HAND SANITIZER, HAND SANITIZER oh and um MORE HAND SANITIZER. .. With swine flu and the start of RSV season right around the corner you can never be to careful which is why Emery will be accompanied by a sign from Synagis reading "Wash your hands before touching mine" although i would rather it say.. Please don't fucking touch me.. but well um. .. The Christian in me says thats not a very good idea. You see people are very attracted to Emery , The minute someone looks at her she flashes that adorable smile and it just hypnotizes people. My daughter has this charm that even i cant explain. .. I do not know where she got that from.
Today for example, we were at souplantation for dinner, Emery was in her highchair eating some of my mac and cheese and a blueberry muffin when this woman came up to me from clear across the restaurant, to tell me she had been watching my beautiful daughter eat and she has never seen a more happy baby, she said "she seems so loved" Indeed she is.. She proceeded to tell me how gorgeous Emery was and how sweet i was and then sat back down.. not more then 5 minutes later she was back up to talk to us again. She asked her age and told us that Emery's smile made her heart flutter , and that she fell in love with my daughter, and said "she should be in commercials" I smiled and said thank you. This usually happens anytime we go out, but most people arent so polite they will touch her stroke her hair let there kids touch her.. and I am usually very sweet and dont say anything but with this rsv season rapidly approaching..I am taking every precaution... Even if i have to be rude.
Ohio just you wait, your about to be charmed by miss Emery Mae.

1 comment:

  1. With the start of flu season, I don't blame you for all the hand sanitizer! All that charm (as cute and wonderful as it is) attracts too many germy hands.

    ReplyDelete