and mine is just a bit lower then mosts..
Topic of today is age, some of you may know some of you may not.. I am a young mommy. I am 20 I had Emery when i was 19, but and this is a big but, I have been married for almost 2 years, been with my husband for 5 years total and she was PLANNED.
I am saying this because, the minute people see me with a baby besides asking how old she is they feel the need to ask my age, they say wow YOUR SOOOO YOUNG! Most of the time i reply with YES I am! I get very angry about this because, most people assume my daughter was an "accident". and nope she wasnt , my husband is 24 and we both wanted children young. We knew we were getting married so i stopped taking birth control, it took us 8 months to get pregnant, i even got a book "The everything on getting pregnant book" great book actually. So i just get a little testy when people just assume this. You wouldnt believe some of the looks i get from people in stores, my husband laughs because he thinks its funny that I am a better mother then a lot of people , and my age has nothing to do with how well i can be a parent.
We have no family in California, they all live in Ohio, so my daughter is not being raised by anyone but me and my husband.
I love some of the questions i get from people "why would you want a child so young" my response, Why would you wait? that usually shuts them up or they respond with we wanted to be ready finacially, when they say that i say Well i am financially stable.
Another one i get alot is " You must be having such a difficult time?" Um are you saying this because I have an infant or because of my age. My response is, well actually i think most people with an baby would say it isnt easy..
Oh here is another good one " What about your education?" believe it or not guys IM STILL IN COLLEGE , i do online classes, and i take a class 2x a week at the campus after my husband gets home from work.
When i was pregnant my doctor kept using the term "Teen pregnancy" because i was 19 that always made my husband laugh, Im actually surprised he never went off on her, it took everything in me to not be a huge bitch to her, although J would tell you i was lol..
Anyways, the point of this story is I am an amazing mother anyone would tell you this, and it has nothing to do with how old I am. So next time you see a young mother think twice about the looks you shoot her, or the snide remarks you say to your teenage kids and husband.. It just makes me grateful for having the amazing parents I had.
Plus, When Emery see's me her love for me doesnt change because I am young she loves me because I love her with my whole heart, and I am giving her an amazing life. Her dad fights for her freedom and we couldnt love our little girl more!

No comments:
Post a Comment